This post is not sponsored. All opinions are my own.
Hey friends! I hate when reviews wait until the very end to give you the bottom line, so I’m going to let you know right away that getting the Peloton has been one of the best things I’ve done for myself and Ravi. Okay, so now let’s get into the details as to why…
Although not permanently, but our everyday norms have definitely changed. I’ve always been someone who works out a few times a week, but like so many, I lost all motivation and stopped exercising as soon as the quarantine began. For me, it was very hard to get motivated to work out at home. I needed something to motivate me. That’s when I started to research home workout equipment and decided to go with the Peloton bike. I shared my initial thoughts on the day the biked arrived and after my first work out (on my Instagram stories), but today will be a more thorough review after over a month of use.
- You are looking at a total cost of $2,245+ (depending on the package you buy). There are a total of 4 packages depending on your need/household.
- There are financing options with no money down + 0% APR. Financing options start the monthly payments at $58 and can increase depending on the package you purchase.
- Peloton Bike Packages: https://www.onepeloton.com/shop/bike
- All Bike packages also require a monthly Peloton All-Access Membership. Membership includes unlimited classes (multiple profiles) for $39/month. There is no commitment; you can pause or cancel anytime.
Are the bike accessories needed?
- The accessories that are a must-have for us are cycling shoes, heart monitors, and bike mat.
- The cycling shoes will take some time to learn if you’re short like me! They are super comfy, but I had trouble clicking them in and out of the pedals. It takes some practice, but I love them. I definitely have more control over the bike with cycling shoes versus sneakers.
- Accessories will vary depending on the package you choose. We chose the “Family Package” since both Ravi and I would be using the bike (and he wanted all the things lol).
How was the delivery?
Absolutely effortless delivery. They were courteous, prompt, and took all the necessary precautions due to the climate right now.
What are the workouts like?
- The workouts are SO motivating and well-paced for whatever level of fitness you’re at. And, you will definitely work up a sweat after any class!
- Ravi’s initial fear was that these workouts would be strictly cardio. But, he’s a bigger fan of the Peloton than me now haha. In addition to the bike rides, you can also access countless other classes (total body workouts, etc.) in the Peloton app. The Peloton app makes it easy to join a class from literally anywhere anytime (more here –> https://www.onepeloton.com/bike/classes).
- The bike rides are also categorized by intensity, length, music, and instructor. So, it’s really easy finding a workout for whatever mood you’re in!
How often do I exercise?
- Our bike came at the beginning of April, and I’ve maintained 4-5 sessions a week since then.
- I’ve definitely seen a major change in my overall physique and energy levels. And it really does wonders for keeping me sane during this weird time.
- I started my first few rides on the “Beginner” level (20-30 mins) to learn how to maneuver everything, and get used to that seat (it feels a bit weird at first if you haven’t been on a bike for a while). I really think it’s important to start small and build up.
- After the first week, I started to take lengthier and more challenging sessions (45-60 mins). Both Ravi and I also found the instructor we enjoy the most (Alex Toussaint is our absolute fav!!!)
It’s not a secret that working out improves so much more than just outer appearances. If you’re looking for something to help motivate you to exercise, I would definitely encourage checking out the Peloton. Let me know if you have any questions and how you’re staying fit during this time. Thanks so much for visiting!